/* */

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Ayr Gold Cup - 16th Sept 2006

3:15 6f - totesport Ayr Gold Cup (Heritage Handicap) (Class 2)

With ante post vouchers on Firenze and Mutamared floating in the virtual wind my only representative from punts early last week is Appalachian Trail. With a good draw in 24 we’ll see what happens.

As I write there are mass defections from horses drawn low (Intrepid, Munaddam, Mutamared, Qadar and Yomalo). For the life of me I cant understand why! The reason for the high draw bias in the silver cup yesterday was due to pace as all the prominent runners were drawn high.

Today’s pace profile is completely different as there are no natural front runners in the field.


So ... ... ... ... I’m going to make a bold assumption that the winner can come from either side!

Lower than stall 14, Kostar drawn 1 will be able to control the pace and have the rail to himself. As Knot in Wood found yesterday, prominent runners drawn low are still in with a squeak and his current price is massive. As I will be watching the race in my local bookmakers he’ll be my mug each-way punt for small stakes.

On the stands side I’ll throw in another selection in Woodcote. He went into the notebook after the Stewards Cup (best of those drawn low) but has disappointed since. However in reviewing the chances of those drawn high he does have excuses for those poor performances and likes to race prominently so should avoid the scrimmaging for position of those drawn close to the stands side.


Tally Ho at 3:15!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home