Royal Ascot at York - Day 4 (17 June 2005)
Ok. I got it slightly wrong yesterday in that my front-running selections were setting the race up for horses racing just off the pace (I must have been on drugs to select Material Witness at 100/1 in the 5:30). Relevant adjustments have been applied for today’s placepot selections to favour prominent runners
2:30 6f - Albany Stakes (Group 3) (Fillies) (Class 1) 2yo
No need to look further than (13) Rumplestiltskin. However, against my better judgement I will use her as my banker as there are some tricky races further down the card that will required addition selections
3:05 1m 4f - King Edward VII Stakes (Group 2) (Colts & Geldings) (Class 1) 3yo
(3) Mountain High, (4) Plea Bargain, (2) First Row I’m taking no chances with only 5 runners in the race
3:45 1m - Coronation Stakes (Group 1) (Fillies) (Class 1) 3yo
I like the look of Maids Causeway but she is not ideally drawn in stall 9. Tentative selections are (11) Virginia Waters and (4) Karen´s Caper
4:20 1m 2f - Wolferton Handicap (Listed Race) (Class 1) 4yo+
A difficult race as there is minimal pace. 4yo’s have had a good time of things recently and a low draw is required. Promotion heads the market but I’ll side with the premise that fancied maidens don’t do well first time in a handicap and oppose the favourite with (1) Simple Exchange and (10) Mullins Bay (both ½ win bets)
4:55 1m 7f - Queen's Vase (Group 3) (Class 1) 3yo
“they wont be messing about in this one” as Derrick Thompson would say. There are a number of front runners in this trip and given that nearly all are stepping up in trip I suspect that the test of stamina will be too much for many. Based on trainer positive comments I have selected (6) Helvetio and (7) Indian Pipe Dream who is proven around this distance. They are both ½ win bets
5:30 1m 4f - King George V Stakes Heritage Handicap (Class 2) 3yo
Another tricky handicap to finish Friday’s proceedings. Plenty of pace drawn low and the experiences of yesterday indicate that the National Trust’s front running style will set things up for other horses. These are (8) Quizzene and (10) Consular (at the prices ½ win bet)
Labels: Principle Races

News Feed
1 Comments:
Due to work commitments and web site issues I could not get my placepot selection registered on Totesport... You know what will happen now...
Post a Comment
<< Home