/* */

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Warts and All (7th June 2006)

I’ve just listened to the replay of our illustrious CEO’s review of my companies’ performance during the last financial quarter.

We made our numbers and commitments to the investment community (the market) but he did say that we “were not rolling the perfect game” and missing out on further growth in the company. During the broadcast another exec used words “lack of consistency and systemactics” when describing the internal sales process. I wonder if they have been monitoring my performance over the last few weeks.

Yet again I find myself having to revamp my strategy after my monthly review. Based on results from the last month or so I’m all over the place in terms of race selection, the selection process, staking and bet types. Lack of consistency and systematics .. hmmmmmm

Feeling sorry for myself a friend of mine reminded me of the fact that at one time prior to me becoming cocky with this horse racing lark and before my ideas got ahead of my abilities, I was very good at punting and I should not let these short term loses get me down.

So, after a period of refection (over a pint) I’ve decided to go back to first principles and stick to the methods that served me well last year. These are focusing on races with runners that have exposed form instead of trying to develop new punting methods and techniques.

The strategy has been rewritten to reflect the new (old) approach. Let’s see how I get on with this change in punting approach (yet again!!).


I'll be taking a few days away from racing to reflect on the changes and to watch the world cup.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home