/* */

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Warts n All (31st January 2007)

I’ve just updated my results for January.

Highlight for the month was winning a 50% share of the tricast (20/1/07 – Lingfield 3:10) which paid £828.84. I have not included this in the results given that I am still experimenting with exotic bets..

Anyway the win has been wisely invested in purchasing the following American handicapping literature

The Winning Horseplayer – Andrew Beyer

Picking Winners - Andrew Beyer
Betting Thoroughbreds – Steve Davidowitz
Ainslie’s Complete Guide to Thoroughbred Racing – Tom Ainslie
Pace Makes The Race – Dr Howard Sartin
The Four Quarters of Horse Investing – Steve Fierro
Winning Thoroughbred Strategies – Dick Mitchell
Handicapping 101 – Brad free
The Odds on Your Side – Mark Cramer
Thoroughbred Handicapping: State of the Art - William Quirin


After reading some of the books (I’ve yet to fully absorb the material) my feelings are that you can basically ditch most of the handicapping books written by UK authors such as Nick Mordlin as most of their ideas are plagiarised from the material listed above.

The Cramer book is the Bible, War and Peace, Bravo 2.0, The Godfather of odd compilation and has spurned purchases of the following books..

Statistical Analysis with Excel for Dummies
Probability for Dummies


Which enabled be to develop an excel spreadsheet that uses {geek alert = ON } Monte Carlo Simulation techniques to develop the my initial tissue (betting forecast) {geek alert = OFF}.

Still a long way from hitting 5 consecutive 20–race groups in which the bankroll increases by 50% within each group (as advised by Dick Mitchell) but boy am I on a voyage of discover and having fun at the same time.


As I grapple with the new concepts outlined in the material I have purchased, midweek handicapping will take a dip but that’s not a bad thing given the workload in my other job.. Oh well..

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home