Lingfield/Wolverhampton - 27th Jan 2007
LINGFIELD 12:35 1m - pontinsbingo.com Handicap (Class 4)
Inclined to pass race but will give Katiypour the nod to follow up after a good run last time out in a fast time. St Petersburg is given one more chance..
Their chances might be undone by Bobski who needs to prove he can run well fresh after 75 day course absence. Combination exacta for on all mentioned.
LINGFIELD 1:45 7f - Pontin's Holidays Handicap (Class 4)
I’ll go out on limb and state that I don’t think this race is as open as the market suggests
7/2 Super Frank, Sun Catcher, 6/1 Barney McGrew, 7/1 Josh, 9/1 Hollow Jo
Barney McGrew drawn in the coffin box (stall1) is already entered him into the virtual notebook as potential winner in waiting after today’s race.. Josh showed signs of revival last time out but still needs to brush up his game on the all weather surface. Lingfield specialist Hollow Jo is best suited to 5/6 furlongs and under the grasp of the handicapper.
Selections are Super Frank who is taking that hike in class which has been successful recently for horses unrated by the handicapper.. Sun Catcher should stay the 7 furlongs and his price is very tempting (like a lemon cheesecake hmmmmmm)
Suspect Barney McGrew will finish unplaced so trifcast/trifecta playable as follows
A. Super Frank B. Sun Catcher, C. Josh, D. Hollow Jo, E. Ivory Lace
AB/ABC/ABCDE
LINGFIELD (GB) 2:20 6f - Pontin's "Book Early" Handicap (Class 5)
Typically the market has over reacted to the shocking ride Mill Field Dreams was given recently. He’s opposable today
3/1 Lucayos, 4/1 Conrad, 11/2 Inch By Inch, Millfields Dreams 9/1 Anfield Dream
Recent 3rd in fast time entitles Lucayos to a section. I’d normally elbow horses returning from gelding operations however Conrad did well to come third in his recent race (after 76 day absence) so I’ll give him the nod also..
A. Lucayos B. Conrad, C. Millfields Dreams
AB/ABC exacta
WOLVERHAMPTON 4:50 7f 32yds - pontinsbingo.com Handicap (Class 6)
Shocking race! A classic “lesser of evils” if I ever saw one! Even I didn't have the experience (or the will) to knock up a tissue to help me sought the mutton from dog food. Normally I would pass however, as recommend by Mark Craimer, I’ve identified the “stranger” in this race?
Once owned H R H Princess Haya of Jordan and trained by John Gosden, and now owned by Stewart Williams the lightly raced Pikaboo’s presence in this race is puzzling, however with two of the front three in the market opposable at the odds he’s a speculative bet with Kahlua Bear who might follow up under a penalty..
Given Pikaboo price we’ll play the exacta as follows..
A. Pikaboo B. Kahlua Bear C. Grand Palace
AB/ABC

News Feed
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home