/* */

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Wolverhampton - 2:50 (4th Jan 2006)

2:50 1m 4f - pontins.com Claiming Stakes (Class 6)

I don’t usually meddle in level weight contests.

However, what brought my attention to this race was “Speed Dial Harry” who went into the notebook when a beaten favourite when coming 2nd in fast time at Southwell recently. However I noted that he should be dropped in trip and shows his best form at Southwell..


So with no form on polytrack (Speed Dial Harry), the other horse prominent in the betting (Ionian Spring) can also be eliminated (preference for fibresand) and the other horses inferior in the weights, Bethanys Boy who is equally adept on polytrack and fibresand was a standout selection for an action bet..

1 Comments:

At Thursday, January 04, 2007 4:16:00 pm, Blogger Slipperytoad said...

A number of items for the experience bank..

Because Neil Callan won the opener the crowd (or office money) backed Speed Dial Harry (IRE) from 5/2 to 7/4 favourite.. Based on my pre race assessment I missed the chance of an obvious lay bet..

Also, I still need to create a tissue for actions bets to determine any value opportunities.. Even though Finished Article was inferior in the weights he still had the key requisite for this race.. All weather course and distance form..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home