/* */

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Warts and All (6th Nov 2005)

Losses continue but I suppose this is the inevitable part of horse racing, the dreaded losing run.

A quick review of results thus far indicate that I am identifying the winner in my pre-race shortlist. The issue is that in the during race analysis I am playing the same game as all mug punters and not identifying value in my selections.

For example, in the highly graded races I have analysed so far, there have been 7 winning favourites at really poor odds for example 5/6, 3/1JF, 9/2, 2/1, 11/4, however at times I have still sided toward the market leader when clearly this approach will not yield long term profits. It is now time to focus on value as the key objective of attention during selection.

Now the flat season has finished I will now turn my attention toward All-Weather racing. The placepot selections on Saturday's thus far have been abysmal so I will switch placepot punting and betting to All Weather meetings at Wolverhampton as a preference (sprint distances at Southwell and Lingfield) over National Hunt Racing if there is a clash of betting opportunities on a particular day.


Hopefully my interest and knowledge of this race code will shine through.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 08, 2005 5:33:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just one point slippery. You seem to imply that these 7 favourites were poor odds simply by dint of being favourites.

Theoretically 'value' can be found at all prices. For example a horse you think should be Evens but is 6/4 is considerably more 'value' than one you think should be 10/1 that is available to 20/1.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home