/* */

Friday, February 24, 2006

Warts and All (25th Feb 2006)

Confession time.,

I'm currently on a business trip in the Far East. When I haven’t been conducting technical presentations to customers I have been contemplating and reflecting (again) on my recent postings and results on slipperytoad and I can safely state that I am struggling with all aspects of my punting at the moment.

It’s not handicapping of individual races I find difficult, it’s making time available for rational thinking before punting, when I don’t have time then mistakes occur during the selection process or open goals missed when I review my selections after the event (d’oh)

I have also started evaluating and implementing an “elimination” technique advised by a racing professional (my mentor) which means having to unravel my old technique and learn new tricks. The individual pieces of the process are easy, it’s combining all the elements accurately and consistently that’s the hard part. I guess thats what it means to be a professional punter and I’m along way from that goal at this moment in time.

Oh well, one more week to go before I am back in jolly old England and a few more weeks to the beginning of the flat season.


A perfect time for a fresh start!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home