/* */

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Ludlow - 3:15 (8th Feb 2005)

2m 4f - Attwood Memorial Trophy Handicap Chase (Class 3) 5yo+

Contenders: Spring Lover, Benrajah, Northern Deal

Up for consideration were

Bob The Builder, Bishop´s Bridge

4/1 Spring Lover, 11/2 Benrajah, 6/1 Northern Deal, 7/1 Bob The Builder, 11/1 Bishop´s Bridge

With the 15:05 at Lingfield looking ultra competitive, no perceived edge in this race and the betting bank looking sorry for itself; I’m going to pass on this race but decided review so I could practice my odds compilation technique and to see if I can get back on track with National Hunt events as I received a serious beating earlier in the season.

Race notes

Northern Deal – 11yo and coming back from a long layoff, lightly raced (novice?) 4th in lower class event. Ridden by amateur.

Bishops Bridge – BHB rated 118 (novice?), poor trainer form

Bob The Builder – Improver? Up in class, up 12lbs for last win

Winsley – market leader in some tissues, step up in class, poor jockey form

Benrajah – 2lb above winning handicap mark. Dropped back to preferred distance

Spring Lover – Competitive in a similar event last year off similar handicap mark, Trainer and jockey have good course form.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 08, 2006 6:43:00 pm, Blogger Slipperytoad said...

I though I had made a mistake in the price of Spring Lover but as it turned out, he was outstanding each-way value at 14/1, I definitely made a mistake with the price of Bob The Builder. In my notes I earmarked him to be an improver and therefore he should have been on the list of contenders.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home