/* */

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Warts n All (29 Jan 2006)

I’ve just updated the site statistics and a recurring theme has reared its ugly head.

Low grade racing is “corroding my bank balance and diluting the triumph of otherwise memorable successes” (Value Handicapping – Mark Cramer)

Prior to Christmas my log entries indicated a more discerning approach in race selection (especially in all-weather races) this tactic yielded a slow return to profit.

The “punting gods” are ruthless. Just when you think you have the game beaten, lapses in betting technique are severely punished so once more must I remind myself to bet only in highly graded races or races where there is a workable advantage or an edge that can swing the odds in my favour.

And …

I seem to be placing too much emphasis on the draw bias and its effect on the outcome of the race to the detriment of other handicapping factors. As a consequence I’ve missed some obvious selections and big priced winners when reviewing my notes after the race.

So …


My tentative steps toward odds compilation should address this issue given that you need to evaluate all factors to produce a workable tissue.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home