/* */

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Warts and All (26th April 2006)

During an internal meeting at work; the type where discussions seem to go on and on about stuff that is far too tedious, I let my mind drift onto other things i.e. horses racing. During my subconscious daydreaming it struck me like a bolt of lightening!

One of the reasons for the dip in performance is that I have still not mastered all of the different elements of the process like race selection, shortlisting, form assessment, odds compilation, betting, staking etc etc. In summary I was trying to eat the whole elephant and a dose of extra strength immodium was required to cure the diarrhoea that was loosening the bowels of my betting bank!!

Ok where to start? Well the beginning is a good place which puts the spotlight on race selection and short-listing horses that have a chance of winning the race. I’m happy that I am sifting the wheat from the chaff in respect to race selection but it’s the latter (“circling contenders”) where I have not gathered enough evidence to determine if I barking up the wrong tree right from the start.

So the focus now will be the beginning of the process. I’ll forego the latter parts (odds compilation and staking (levels from now on) to focus on monitoring the performance of my short-listing and will be tracked in my betting metrics. Achieving a 75% strike rate i.e. horses winning from shortlist is the objective.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Thursday, April 27, 2006 11:31:00 am, Blogger Benjamin said...

Hiya Slippery,

Jeez... I didn't know things were going that bad. In the red! Quite a concern for you. Yeah, I think you're on the right track here. I think you do need to go back to some fundamentals and just sound principles of methodical betting, which you used to apply.

As I look at it, you've not (of course) been chasing losses but you've been chopping and changing betting methods in search of a winner lately. Laying one day and then its focusing on a stable another. Returning to the bread and butter race selection methods that were so successful last year and possibly limiting these new selection methods and types of bet, which obviously you still want to examine and (if lucrative) move into, to a sideline might be wise.

Just... er... constructive advice (and, indeed, from one who doesn't know but is learning!). Whatever, I'm confident you'll find your feet again very soon.

Regards x

 
At Thursday, April 27, 2006 2:54:00 pm, Blogger Slipperytoad said...

Point taken benjamin!! Back to fundemantals from now on! Thanks for reminding me

 
At Thursday, April 27, 2006 10:26:00 pm, Blogger Benjamin said...

Thanks for this site. Has proved really, really useful for highlighting other good sites - OLBG is very interesting - and is a great introduction to betting to win. Your selections here always of interest. Good luck with it x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home