Lingfield 15:30 - Betdirectpoker.com Come And 'ave Some Handicap (4th May 2007)
As I wrote in the following blog entry
http://www.slipperytoad.co.uk/2007/04/warts-and-all-9th-april-2007.html
I’ve realised that I need to focus on my strengths and this will be the first race under the new guerrilla handicapping regime. My new method of recording bets also starts with this race.
9/2 Waterside, 5/1 Party Boss, 6/1 Racer Forever, Bobski, 11/1 Wavertree Warrior
Waterside’s recent win was in a fast time and he is noted as being “listed class”. The issue today is can he improve again? The nature of his recent win “ran on well, comftbly, good time” suggests he can.
Party Boss recent run was disappointing per the following HRA comments - “Seb Sanders, the rider of Party Boss, unplaced, reported that the horse was never moving freely”. Slightly better over 1 mile he’s already done me a favour this winter. He likes to dominate the opposition and there is very little pace in the race (Waterside is figured to keep him company) if the 55 day break has done him any good he’ll be a lively contender. I’ll monitor his price in the market closely to determine confidence from the “informed minority”.
I normally oppose All Weather debutants but on this occasion (because of breeding) I’ll keep a close eye on the stranger Racer Forever. Entered in the Betfair Temple Stakes (Group 2) later this month he could be one of the famed "group horse in handicap clothing". Disadvantaged by the draw on both his recent runs if he’s a group horse then at current odds today’s the day to make hay.
Waterside and Racer Forever shape at the most likely selections tomorrow but lets see what the crowd have to say before the off..

News Feed
3 Comments:
Wont have time to type and bet before the off. It looks like bets on Waterside and Racer Forever. I'll monitor Party Boss in the market.
Waterside drifting on exchanges....
Presumptive wins. Unlucky in running Racer Forever, just could'nt squeeze through the gap on the inside rail before being checked by Party Boss.. One to follow we thinks..
Post a Comment
<< Home