/* */

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Williamhillpoker Com Brocklesby Conditions Stakes 2yo (Newcastle - 31st March 2007)

2:10 5f - williamhillpoker.com brocklesby conditions stakes (class 4)

Like most I had to base my selections on breeding and trainer form for this R&D project

3/1 Hamish McGonagall, 4/1 Silver Wind, Goldhill Fair, 5/1 Not My Choice

Racing Ahead Magazine produced some stats this month for 2yo races up to the end of April which highlighted trainers that like to "get em ready". During this period last year W G M Turner produced 4 winners and 7 places so Goldhill Fair would be a "virtual" selection until the form settles. Yes he's ridden by a 7lbs claimer but racing is full of opposite logics so instead of "why" I've taken the view "why not?

Silver Wind who seems well bred for sprint events will also form my "virtual" two against the field. Any money for Hamish McGonagall (who has ticks in all my boxes) would be interesting but I suspect that I have made a "rick" and the "informed majority" has correctly assessed his chances (currently 26/1 on Befair).

1 Comments:

At Saturday, March 31, 2007 2:17:00 pm, Blogger Slipperytoad said...

Mister Hardy wins. Positive on 2yo trainer/jockey form on my notes, will continue to monitor to determine how much of a factor this plays in 2yo races later in the season.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home