Wolverhampton - 27th Mar 2007
Lets attack the 7 furlong races today, a distance that this handicapper considers to be ... ... specialist. However the races on offer are “lesser of evils” so my aim will be to steer away from the obvious short priced favourites or obvious selections once the public have had their say just before the off.
2:00 - book online at wolverhampton-racecourse.co.uk handicap (div i) (class 6)
The spot play should be a lumpy bet on Over To You Bert who is figured to dominate a pace-less field. The issue however is that he’s never won over this distance, drawn wide and only win his season at Kempton was lucky per form book comments - “fin 2nd, but subs awdd race: rider did not have to stop riding & prob fortunate to get this”
Of the others, Seldemosa doesn’t win often (1/6/24) but is well rated. Only If I Laugh is a course and distance winner and on a winning handicap mark. Charlottebutterfly is anther course and distance winner, but is “slow” and likes to come from off a fast pace, there's none today.
Trappy race, but the Racing Post tissue fav Laith, looks opposable on breeding and may finish out of the frame. If I omit Laith from the perm, I can hear a exacta/trifecta calling
4/1 Only If I Laugh, 9/2 Over To You Bert, Seldemosa, 7/1 Charlottebutterfly, Laith
2:30 7f 32yds - book online at wolverhampton-racecourse.co.uk handicap (div ii)
The second division looks even worse than the first. However the stranger Attacca likes to come back from a rest and though having only one race on the All Weather, looks well placed in stall 2 to swoop late and take advantage of the fast pace. If Seldemosa runs well in the first race, I might be looking to play Fulvio, Danettie is well handicapped. Of the others, more questions than answers (Prince Of Gold is slow and drawn wide, Prettilini is unreliable)
9/2 Fulvio, Danettie, 5/1 Attacca, 6/1 Prince Of Gold, Prettilini
5:00 7f 32yds - stay at the wolverhampton holiday inn handicap (class 6)
As in the first race Desert Lover is figured to wire a pace-less field. Though he’s gone up 1lbs Haroldini seems primed to run well from stall 4 on his return to his favoured surface. At the current prices Mister Benji presents a tantalising and tasty selection from stall 2 (resists, resists) as he is well handicapped (exacta with the first two maybe?) The stranger in this race is Iced Diamond.
3/1 Desert Lover, Haroldini, 4/1 Mister Benji, 9/1 Iced Diamond
I'll post race selections in the comment section near the off..

News Feed
8 Comments:
Wol 2:00 - The market is in line with my thoughts i.e. tissue, Only If I Laugh looks the only value. Its looking like a no bet race and exotics are definately out!
Wol 2:00 - Only if I Laugh at the odds..
damm, as Barry Meadows would say I fell into the trap of "liking a horse" and should have looked for the 50% overlay on Over To You Bert based on my tissue . That will teach me to be quick off the mark..
just reviewed my notes and the comments on Fulvio should be be related to a promising run of Over To You Bert in the first race.. At current odds Fulvio presents a tasty opportunity.. But I'll wait..
Wol 2:30 - Fulvio, Attacca
Wol 2:30 - Sounded like a chaos race on the radio.. will review the video when I get home.. move on ..
Tasty odds on Desert Lover, and Mister Benji. Combination F/C at the odds also.. . Tally Ho.. Fox1 ..
crashed and burned in the final race.. However did learn something today so not a wasted day.. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home