/* */

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Lingfield - 24th Mrach 2007

Again to remind all who read this my modius operandi now is to wait until 5 minutes before the off to place a bet based on the value implied by my tissue

2:10 7f - betdirectuk.com get involved handicap (class 2)

The withdrawal of Ektimaal has thrown this race wide open. Feel there is a big priced winner lurking within those that remain. The horse that interests me is Red Cape as he'll benefit most from a return to 7 furlongs and pairing with John Eagan. I'll monitor his price on the exchanges.

2:40 7f - betdirectuk.com spring cup (listed race) (class 1)

Plenty of exposed 2yo form, but who is going to train on as a 3yo?

2/1 Hurricane Spirit, 3/1 Big Timer, 7/2 Hinton Admiral

Baring trouble in running, the extremely fast pace in this race should suit Hurricane Spirit running back amongst his own age group. If taking to the surface All Weather debutant Big Timer should also run well against the pace bias. Hinton Admiral should be the last one standing from the early paced horses.

3:15 1m 2f - betdirect winter derby (3rd leg of the european all weather series) (group 3) (class 1)

hmmmm, the logical opposites of horse racing. Will Gentleman´s Deal stay 1m2f [yes/no]? My answer?

Yes. In a pace-less field for a horse that likes to dominate he'll run the race to suit and blight the stamina advantage of Blue Bajan, Cucoon and Mighty. Expect the race will turn into a 6-furlong dash in the final stages. Under these conditions, last year's contestant Cimyla (unlucky in running) is also expected to run well. I ruthlessly oppose All Weather debutants so Alfie Flits is likely to get the red card.

5/1 Gentleman´s Deal, Cimyla, 6/1 Blue Bajan, Cusoon, 7/1 Mighty, 10/1 Alfie Flits

3:50 5f - 32red.com hever sprint stakes (listed race)

Another head scratcher. How much energy will King Orchisios and Maltese Falcon expend trying to grab the rail while competing for the lead with Celtic Mill, drawn low?

4/1 Maltese Falcon, 9/2 Qadar, King Orchisios, 6/1 Bonus, 9/1 Excusez Moi

Now he's running off level weights Maltese Falcon, "might" have the race run to suit (settle behind the pace). Qadar, could win the race if the pace up front collapses. King Orchisios had the race to suit last time out. The boys from Nad Al Sheba are not expected to benefit from their time in the sun (Bonus, Excusez Moi)

1 Comments:

At Sunday, March 25, 2007 4:13:00 pm, Blogger Slipperytoad said...

I’ve condensed the comments of yesterday into a single thread..

Although in the Winter Derby the serious money came for Gentlemans Deal and losing my bottle I showed my hand to take an early position on betfair fearing the price would collapse further.

As advised by my mentor I may need to tip my toe into the early price market if I have a strong conviction about a horse. A good example was Red Cape in the 2:10 who rewarded my confidence and bolted up and I could have placed a bet at bigger early prices.

In the 2:40 I was forced into dutching Hurricane Spirit and Hinton Admiral as I could not be patient and bottled it again before the off. Similar comments in the Winter Derby with dutching bets on Cusoon and Cimyla along with Gentlemen’s Deal.

Things calmed down in the 3:50 and I managed to keep my discipline to back
Maltese Falcon at the prices only to miss the fact that King Orchisios was an overlay on my tissue. Dammm

A couple of bets on the card at Wolverhampton in the evening secured a very good profit for the day.

Lessons?

Yep discipline being the obvious one, but I do need to stick to the courage of my convictions. On a final point, as stated by my company CEO when discussing the new organisation of my company “no model is perfect, you just need one and stick to it”.

The same applies to my new betting strategy which waits for the “crowd” to have their say before placing a bet (approx. 5/10 minutes before the off) as it is proving to be very effective

 

Post a Comment

<< Home