Wolverhampton Placepot (26th Dec 2007)
Going to stick with the festive placepots given that they are a cheap bet for a potentially large return. In parallel I’m able to gather data for bets in level weight races on the All Weather surface.
1:30 7f 32yds - pontin's book early price
Winner takes all in this race from a placpot perspective so taking a belt and braces approach in the selection of Geezers Colours and Nice Wee Girl who both make the a-list. I will virtually lay Chinese Temple.
2:00 7f 32yds - pontin's book early and save
I think we can get Dickie Le Davoir beat on account of his preference for a shorter trip (virtual lay). To oppose, the one horse with least doubts (in a relative sense based on a recent seller win) is Circus Polka. Well berthed Green Pirate who ran well last time out and Another Genepi who returns to preferred distance to oppose in the b-list.
2:40 1m - go pontin's holidays nursery
If Elusive Lady price is short then I’ll lay her (virtaully) based on sire progeny form on the All Weather surface. The Last Bottle dropping in class to oppose in the a-list.
3:10 5f 216yds - pontins.com maiden stakes
Annes Rocket a-list selection
3:40 - pontinsbingo.com handicap
Trappy! Vale De Lobo for a-list, Robert The Brave and Birkside for the b-list. Celtic Step will be watched closely in the market for a potential virtual punt!
4:10 1m 1f - pontin's wishes you a happy christmas fillies' handicap
“Fillies” + “Handicap” = Punters beware! I’ll be looking to lay the favourite Our Kes. Daring Affair for the a-list, b-list selections are Emily's Place and Chia.
Perms
In the Lingfield placepot I totally screwed up the permutations which cost me a share of the £200 pay out based on my pre race selections!!
If you want to find out why I have created multiple perms for this race and the advantages of this approach refer to “The Inside Track” by Alan Potts. Read the chapter "one for the pot"
Combination of a-list and b-list selections = 6 perms
x4 perms – total lines = 12 @ 50p line = £6
x2 perms – total lines = 24 @ 25p line = £6

News Feed
1 Comments:
A fortuitous withdrawal by The Last Bottle in the 2:40 put me on the favourite Elusive Lady who won and ensured two of my perms had a share of the pot. The placepot paid £38
Post a Comment
<< Home