Warts and All (8th May 2005)
Although I have hit a few cross bars last week, confidence is high at the moment using the new fluid approach to selection (stats, facts, form book, ratings and intuition). Also I have read some key pieces of information in Jon Gibby’s book (Betting on Flat Handicaps) that will enhance my ratings greatly. The sections on pace and class are fascinating!
In terms of a laying process I have identified three ‘quick’ well known systems that can be used to identify horses as potential lays.
1. Promising once-raced maidens. Horses that run an eye-catching first race in defeat are often sent off at too short a price next time out.
2. Maiden winners first time in handicap.
3. Winners of claimers/sellers entered into a handicap on their next race.
These laying systems may only yield only one or to bets a week but if successful they will open up another stream of revenue.
Having defined a plan for the season, I now realise that I don’t have a daily, weekly plan for my punting activities and with responsibilities outside racing some kind of structure is needed. In addition reviewing my records my biggest successes have been Anti-post bets and I was not allocating enough time for this activity.
Therefore I will organise my week as follows
Sunday: Warts-n-all review, update records, web site maintenance, Identify laying opportunities
Monday: Identify laying opportunities, anti-post research
Tuesday: Nothing
Wednesday: Preparation for Thursday racing
Thursday: Bet
Friday: Preparation for Saturday racing
Saturday: Bet
Labels: Warts and All

News Feed
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home