/* */

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Warts n All (29 Nov 2005)

Punting life has improved since I've diverted my attention to All Weather racing. As results have shown I have a poor strike rate (e.g. crap) in National Hunt races. It has taken a long time to recognise but as advocated by the Inside Edge Magazine

http://www.inside-edge-mag.co.uk/racing/masterclass/317/racing_masterclass.html

Specialisation in a particular area of betting is the road to long term success. So the focus of activities now is All Weather Racing and the weekly punting diary will be changed accordingly. In respect to National Hunt races I shall focus on races that have strong historical trends and statistics.

Maybe its a knack or I've been lucky, but it seems that my selection methods are more effective in All Weather races with shortlisted horses making the frame on a regular basis (and even winning). The issue though has been that dreaded word “value”and in my case lack of during the selection process. On a number of occasions my shortlisted horses have won at some nice prices and I have recognised that I have not factored market prices to determine value.


Recently Gary Twynam from Escorial Racing (http://www.escorialracing.co.uk/) has highlighted some fundamental errors and has provided me some invaluable advice in respect to my Tote Placepot selection startegy. As consequence I need to review and rewrite the strategy to make greater use of permutations to enhance the efficiency of my placepot.

I have also ordered some useful American literature on the subject of Odds Compilation and Betting Psychology based on Gary's advice with the book “Six Secrets of Successful Bettors” proving to be compelling reading at bedtime.

After reading the first chapter further changes in my methods are on the cards...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home