Haydock 3:05 - betfredpoker spring trophy stakes (12th May 2007)
4/1 Vanderlin, 9/2 Quito, 5/1 Levera, 6/1 Excusez Moi, Balthazaar´s Gift
I’ve been bitten by the draw (and misjudgement of the pace in the race) over the last few days, but I’ll keep the faith and predict that this race will go to something drawn low coming from off the pace.
There is 180 deg bend shortly after the 7 furlong start and the question remains can Levera “make all” from stall 7? The answer to my question is no. Levera’s trainers’ poor course form also eliminates him from consideration (or Alan King knows something I don’t!).
Munaddam’s past performances indicate that he’s better suited to 6 furlongs.
I side with the maxim that 7 furlongs is a specialist distance and Haydock does require reserves of stamina so of those that remain prominent running Vanderlin should bag the rail from stall 1 and let Munaddam and Levera make all the running and pick both as their tire, Quito to make his customary late run in the final furlong. Though he carries a 4lb listed penalty, this is balanced by the fact that he does not know how to run a bad race at Haydock.
With both short priced market leaders eliminated from consideration the exacta should pay, perm as follows
a. Vanderlin, b. Quito, c. Levera
ab/abc (4 lines)

News Feed
2 Comments:
Vanderlin is taking a serious drift in the market, Quito’s price remains steady. Seems wise to hold off bets until the off. Ladbrokes is offering best price for Excusez Moi so If Valderlin price continues to walk then I’ll switch allegiance to Balthazaars Gift; the exacta will be as follows
a. Quito b. Balthazaars Gift c. Levera
ab/abc (4 lines)
Munaddam stayed the distance off an initial slow pace.. Chalk up another loss..
Post a Comment
<< Home