Newmarket 4.00 - Stanjamesuk Com Stakes Heritage Handicap (5th May 2006)
10/1 Ripples Maid, Burning Incense 12/1 Mutamared, Firenze 15/1 The Kiddykid, Charles Darwin, Grantley Adams
30 runners stretched across the track make this a tail of two sides. Traditionally its better to be drawn high and prominent running Ripples Maid can turn the tables on Firenze from their run here last year. Burning Incense to follow her home.
Labels: Principle Races

News Feed
2 Comments:
I’m out most of the day and wont be near a TV so will need to place my bets early doors.
As this looks like a wide open event I’m going against my staking plan and punt some more selections in this race.
Upon reflection I think the market (and I) have underestimated the chances of Grantley Adams (who is noted as listed class) and got no sought of run last time out at Nad al Sheba and The Kiddykid who is hard to catch right but ticks one or more trend boxes.
Both horses are drawn low which covers that angle, both at a tasty price even at small stakes.
Beaver Patrol (not shortlisted, but drawn 23 of 29) wins at 20/1.
For future reference the pace was "other than early" (difficult to 'make all' on a straight course)
Post a Comment
<< Home