Epsom Derby Meeting Day 1 (1st June 2007)
2:10 1m - vodafone mile (handicap) (class 2)
Montpellier, Future’s Dream, Rio Riva, Ordnance Row and Rain Stops Play all make the shortlist and pretty much matches the market view on proceedings.
All are relatively exposed handicappers so it’s down whose best suited to the conditions and open to more improvement.
I’m sure he’ll stay a mile but a wide draw, pace profile plus some other historical factors make me want to take on the favourite (currently Ordnance Row) just before the start with two of the following
. Futures Dream could dominate from a low draw which has proven to be a definite advantage over the years.
. Rio Riva should be given one more chance to realise his potential on ground which suits. But in historical race replays shown in RacingUK this week I’ve yet to see a winner from off the pace in Espsom races!
. Totally confusion regarding Montpellier! Does he want further?
. Rain Stops Play loves Epsom which a definite advantage, but wide draw is a concern for one that likes to race prominently.
3:25 1m 4f - vodafone coronation cup (group 1) (class 1)
Breeding, breeding and breeding have thrown up dutched selections in Sir Percy and Septimus
4:05 1m 4f - vodafone oaks (group 1) (fillies) (class 1)
History indicates that we should look to the first three in the betting and I think Henry Cecil has this race sewn up with Passage of Time..
Labels: Principle Races

News Feed
2 Comments:
It’s more that likely that I’ll be away from my desk in a meeting during the 2:10 race, so it’s an early punt on Futures Dream and Montpellier
Well there ends another disappointing day! What did I learn? I need to take a good hard look at my short listing process and my ratings!
Post a Comment
<< Home