Epsom Derby Meeting Day 2 (2nd June 2007)
3:30 5f - vodafone "dash" stakes (heritage handicap) (class 2)
I’ve ignored the chances of 4yo’s in this race and focused on the older brigade. Short listed are Green Manalishi, Bond City, Cape Royal, Wyatt Earp and the old boy Corridor Creeper.
If Green Manalishi runs anything near to the performance of his previous race he’ll trounce all rivals from stall 19, however the handicapper has had his say and single priced winners of the race down the years have been rare as hen’s teeth in this competitive event.
Wyatt Earp might find events unfolding far too quickly for his liking over the flying five so we’re left with Bond City, Corridor Creeper and Cape Royal.
Last years runner up Bond City has Epsom course form as a major positive and Corridor Creeper prefers some softness in the ground these days and has been dropped to a handicap mark where is can do serious damage if he's in the mood.
Cape Royal is another course specialist and with most the pace on his side of the course ground condition to suit, I’m expect a big run from what might turn out to be the favourable side of the track.
Baring any alarming market drifts near the off its Bond City, Corridor Creeper and Cape Royal and I’ll watch the race cowering behind the couch..
4:20 1m 4f - vodafone derby stakes (group 1) (entire colts & fillies) (class 1)
The only thing in life are death and taxes! With Authorized approaching near certainty for the win a wise man would pass the race and watch events unfold.
However this is a competitive event and the big guns will ensure that Authorized will have to work for every yard to win this race. I’ll go for an upset..
On breeding, I’ll side with win bets on Archipenko and Strategic Prince to overturn the jolly and Admiralofthefleet and Petara Bay to place at big prices..
Labels: Principle Races

News Feed
2 Comments:
Bond City and Corridor Creeper in the 3:30
based on results so far.. I am not a wise man..
Post a Comment
<< Home