/* */

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Warts and All (6th Feb 2005)

What a fantastic week and I seem to be emerging from the doldrums of recent losses.

I am holding my own in the Racing Forum 'Pricewise Challenge' [http://www.theracingforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=14&topic=1332]. My ratings system/process is proving to be a success with 13/2 and 9/2 winners at Sandown on Saturday. Also, I had a sneaking feeling that due to the competitive nature of racing at this course there would be some upsets on the cards. So for good measure I threw in a 64-line £6:40 placepot. It returned £50!!!

I must conclude that the theory of focusing on principle races/meetings is working however, I am concerned that the majority of these races are on Saturday and that to be successful long term I do need a steady turn over of midweek winners. I am a long way off from professional status so for now it will be small stakes and steady as she goes.

I am also receiving more comments and emails on the look and feel of the web site after some favourable remarks from the Racing Forum moderator. There are some shrewd cookies on the Racing Forum and their support is really making me feel that this is all worth it.

I’m off for a short mid winter school half term break with my Son and while I am away, the Cheltenham Festival hype will be in full swing. A word of caution, at the 29th January meeting at Cheltenham all 7 favourites lost! So when I return I will look to oppose the principle market leaders whenever possible during my form study in the run up to Cheltenham.


Later this week the Grand National weights will be made available and before my holiday departure, I shall eye the list of runners with a view to placing some Anti-Post bets based on historical race statistics.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home