Glorious Goodwood - 1st Aug 2006
2:05 1m 1f - The Sportsman Newspaper Stakes (Heritage Handicap) (Class 2)
With no winning favourites for a while and Tabadul, Dancing Lyra and I´m So Lucky competing for market leadership I’m So Lucky gets the call as both Dancing Lyra and Tabadul are vulnerable by my reckoning (class level and pace).
My reading of the race is that I’m So Lucky will dominate from stall 17, the one that will give him most to do is top weight Crosspiece who loves big field handicaps and runs well at Goodwood.
2:40 1m 4f - BGC Stakes (Registered As The Gordon Stakes) (Group 3) (Class 1)
Linas Selection is “the real deal” but no jolly has landed this race in 10 years and 11/8 is far too short.
His undoing? I predict a classic speed dual between Linas Selection, Hazeymm and Luberon. Once they’ve cut each other throats my prediction is that lightly raced and relatively unexposed Jadalee will emerge!
Why? This is Marcus Tregoning’s only runner today and he has a great record in 3yo races at Goodwood. This race is a St Ledger trial and Jadalee holds entries in the Great Voltigeur and St Ledger (along with a few others in this race) so he must be held in high regard. Partnered by stable jockey Martin Dwyer Jadalee presents a rare each-way bet at the prices.
Labels: Principle Races

News Feed
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home