/* */

Monday, August 21, 2006

York - 22 Aug 2006

1:45 1m 4f - The Sportsman Racing Stakes (Handicap) (Class 2)

This race traditionally throws up big priced winners. Having been seduced by the prices (yet again) I’m breaking my normal rules by selecting Most Definitely, Ski Jump and Millville.

Most Definitely and Ski Jump are “well in” on BHB ratings. Most Definitely was once rated 96 and therefore favourably handicapped and noted in the formbook as “ready to win”.

Top rated Ski Jump is another who is well handicapped (back on a winning BHB rating). As the only representative from the Jarvis stable and the only ride of the day for Phillip Robinson, I’m taking this as a strong “go” signal for Millville.

2:15 1m 7f - Weatherbys Insurance Lonsdale Cup (Group 2) (Class 1)

Followed him all year but I can’t see how the “Sgt” can make the improvement necessary to compete at this level. Proven group performer Tungsten Strike should improve after his recent run at Goodwood. Franklins Gardens has been there, got the tee shirt, seen it and done it here at York. Another bold run is expected today.

2:50 1m 4f - Ladbrokes Great Voltigeur Stakes (Group 2) (Colts & Geldings) (Class 1)

Only one bet in this race, Red Rocks. But as this race is the key trial for the St Ledger (and it’s been run at York this year instead of Doncaster) I’m taking an Ante Post plunge on (Sir Michael’s first St Ledger winner) Papal Bull and Red Rocks.

3:25 1m 2f - Juddmonte International Stakes (Group 1) (Class 1)

My gawd! With only three trainers farming this race over the years, if O´Brien’s horse were to win he would be the second 3yo winner in recent history. At massive prices I’m going to take him on with Cheery Mix and Notnowcato.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home